i think that the false alarm moto refers to the 6 plains she saw. the plains were
probably called on a mission a drill maybe an atack that turned out to be a false
alarm. makes sense, eh?

love,

nuri

--- "Blair Fraipont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>        I just thought that it was Joni saying to Amelia, "the reason why
>you crashed was just a false alarm, it wasn't necessary, just like my love
>affairs.." Maybe that isnt it, but I was never confused about it because I
>thought it was that simple.
>           Does that make any sense?
>    BLair
>NP: Big Star
>

>>Bruce Kimerer wrote:
>>
>><< OK. After many years and hundreds of listens, what are the 'false
>>alarms' in Amelia?
>>In the Icarus verse I understand the false alarm to be a love affair that
>>didn't work out. But what about in the other verses? They all end in 'it
>>was just a false alarm.' What does IT refer to? There isn't an obvious
>>subject for the pronoun. This has been driving me a little crazy for
>>almost 30 years now. >>
>>

>>         You give me much more with your question than I can possibly give
>>with my answer.
>>         In the 20 years that this has been among my very favorite songs
>>(all versions) I've always interpreted "it was just a false alarm" to
>>mean that Amelia was just decades ahead of her time.
>>         I just noticed that "Icarus *ascending* on beautiful foolish
>>arms" defies the myth of Icarus actually *descending* with wings burnt by
>>the sun.
>>         Perhaps Joni sees Icarus here as the Phoenix embodied by Amelia.
>>         BTW, has anyone seen the Star Trek Voyager episode where Captain
>>Janeway thaws Amelia from five centuries of sleep on some distant planet?
>>Talk about GREAT myths.....
>>         ET

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get [EMAIL PROTECTED] w/No Ads, 6MB,
POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag