maybe joni means every time you fall in love you think it's the real thing
but it's just a matter of time before your wax wings melt and you land on
our ass. if that's what she meant, i agree with mitchell.

was she being that cyncical? not all love fails. If , and only if, one can take any credence in what has been written about Joni or what she hereself has said, I imagine relationships with her would be veyr difficult. she appears demanding and controlling and not very tolerant. I wonder if even Joni falls in love with her idea of someone instead of the reality of someone?