Debra wrote in response to John Irving's incredibly moving post:

<< Do you zealots really think that anyone who does not appreciate Joni's
artistic explorations would bother to be on this list? You're not the
only people who have stuck with Joni and appreciated her surprises for
decades. The attitude that only people who love everything about T'log
are true Joni fans and open to change, etc. is insulting. >>

        ZEALOTS???
        Is that any less insulting than calling T'log fans "joni pod
people"???
        Geez, Debra, you've been on this list since I first joined in
1997 & should know a thing or two about flaming.
        There was nothing zealous about John's beautiful post!
        Perhaps you are blurring this with my comment a few days ago: *To
me if a listener always skips over Paprika Plains when they play DJRD,
they are not truly a Joniphile! Does this make me a Joni
Fundamentalist???*
        I plead guilty to being a fervent Joni pod zealot.
        Now can you admit that you are an aging baby boomer wishing that
everything was just like it was in the good old days?
        Last night I felt like slinking into lurkdom.
        Tonight I feel like just unsubscribing.
        I honestly don't understand why people get so bent out of shape
over people sharing their heartfelt opinions.
        I totally understand why people wouldn't like T'log.
        This is the story of Joni's career ever since The Hissing Of
Summer Lawns.
        What frustrates me even more is how dismissive so many seems to
be about her increasingly gorgeous paintings.
        So many have been so critical of Joni wanting to give up music
for her first love, painting.
        If we were really *true* fans, we wouldn't whine & totally
support her artistic priority.
        Joni definitely has the potential to equal or even surpassing Van
Gogh & O'Keeffe.
        How many Help Me die hards grasp the magnitude of Joni's post
70's artistic genius anyway?
        THIS IS NOT MEANT AS A PUT DOWN TO ANYONE.
        I'm just expressing my honest opinion.
        Dreading the hammers & the boards & the nails,
        ET