Kate wrote:

> if we attacked iraq it would be the first time the USA has ever attacked
> another country, unprovoked...

What about World War I, North Korea, Cuba, North Vietnam, Grenada, Bosnia?

The US assisted Europe in winning WWI, fought alongside South Koreans and
South Vietnamese, launched an (unsuccessful) attack on Cuba on behalf of the
Cuban exiles, launched an attack on Grenada to help the Grenadines, and went
to war in Bosnia on behalf of the Muslims there.  In none of these wars, had
the US been directly attacked.  In the case of Iraq there is at least a
growing compilation of evidence that they have assisted terrorists who have
directly attacked the U.S.

I dread any war and hope Saddam and his family will take the standing offer
to move to Libya.

Kakki