--- Ron Greer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi

> first off happy christmas, new year, hannukah, eid,
> whatever, etc to
> everyone!!! :-)  ( i had a dead pc at home so i
> guess i missed all the
> festive stuff!!)

Consider yourelf blessed - you didn't miss much.

[...]

> so off i go to the somewhat distant major cd chain
> which stocks quality cds.
> i was most amazed to see that they have it in stock,
> and at a reasonable
> price. so i take a listen to it through the
> headphones in the shop.
>
> strangely enough - "WATERLOG" is probably a very apt
> name for the album...
> :-)
>
> probably nice - but not my cup of tea. compare it
> back to back with "hejira"
> and its just not even in the same league.

Oh, c'mon. In all fairness, one listen probably isn't
a good way to judge. You're probably going to have to
spring the cash and just buy the damn thing. No
guarantees you'll love it and maybe it really isn't
your cuppa tea, but give it a go anyway. It's not my
favourite of all time, but the first time I heard it,
it didn't do much for me either, with the exception of
a few songs. Since then, on subsequent listens, it has
got better, although there are still some that don't
do it for me and maybe never will. (Wait 'til it goes
on sale, though.)

=====
Catherine
Toronto