--- Susan Guzzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >

> Okay I have pontificated much too long and the
> bottom line is Blue Hotel Room has what I believe
> it takes to be a standard.  No matter what Joni
> herself may even say about this.  So sing it, all
> you singers!

I love that song. If you were going to sing it, would
you keep the line, "Tell those girls that you've got
Joni - she's coming back home"? or would you change it
- what would you change it to? your own name? If you
were a straight guy singing it, would you sing, "Tell
those boys that you've got Johnny, he's coming back
home"? Does that get too convoluted? Probably.

=====
Catherine
Toronto