Dear SUSAN (and ALL):

I wasn't suggesting that folks couldn't/shouldn't cover
ANY of La Joni's songs -- the more the merrier, as far as
I'm concerned.

What I was trying to get at was this: that a true "standard"
tends to be less personal, more universal -- like MY FUNNY
VALENTINE, say, or STORMY WEATHER; BOTH SIDES NOW,
BIG YELLOW TAXI and CIRCLE GAME; or,
God forbid, FEELINGS and YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE.
There's a kind of easy-to-grasp simplicity to them.

That's what I perceive a standard to be, in the strictest sense.

But then, what do I know?

;-)

MICHAEL

P.S. I've always wondered why JERICHO hasn't been covered
(to my knowledge). I think it so beautifully captures a modern,
universal sentiment.