Catherine wrote:

If you were a straight guy singing it, would you sing, "Tell
those boys that you've got Johnny, he's coming back
home"? Does that get too convoluted? Probably.

Andrew says:

I have this all worked out already. I am planning on performing it someday, because
it's such a beautiful "blues" song, and I would change the lines to, "I know that
you've got all those pretty boys coming on..." and "Tell those boys that you've got
Andy, he's coming back home." It works for gay guys too, and the "boom, boom
pachyderm" line is most intriguing with endless interpretive possibilities.

If I was a recording artist, I'd make absolutely sure to keep Joni's vocal interlude
in tact if I was covering that song - that sweet, multi-tracked layering of Joni's
vocals right after the aforementioned line is sung. That 10 seconds of bliss is closer
to Godliness than any singer has ever come.

-Andrew