> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > I also mentioned "Woodstock" as well. Basicly the song that
> >catupulted CSN into overnight stardom.
>
> Dunno about this...the Woodstock *festival* was the "catapult." Joni's song,
> covered by CSN, has always been just that for the group, a "cover song." If
> I had to name *one* song that was IMO responsible for propelling them to
> commercial success (stardom?) it would be "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes," which
> received a lot of radio play.
>
> Scott

I'd have to agree that Woodstock was not CSN's road to fame.
"Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" had been a hit, as had "Marrakesh Express".
Crosby's "Long Time Gone", "Guinnevere", in fact pretty much
the whole first album was getting extensive FM airplay and high
sales numbers. "Woodstock" may have been the first release
by CSN with Y . You could probably say it cemented their
status as 'the American Beatles'.
RR