In a message dated 1/31/2003 5:37:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Do we really know for certain that Chuck reneged on a promise to raise
> Joni's child? That's a harsh accusation.  Has Chuck said anything about
> this issue himself?

I've never heard anything from Chuck...I can't recall the source but it seems
like I recall Joni saying in print or in an interview that Chuck decided he
just couldn't raise another man's child. If I ever come across the reference
I'll remember to bring it to your attention, Deb.

I certainly didn't mean to come off harsh about Chuck. It's none of my
beeswax anyway, and Chuck always sounded to me like a nice enough guy,
although a bit of a womanizer according to Joni's earliest assessments of him
(noticing her legs before he noticed her hands on the guitar, & singing
ballads in his act to attract girls).

Who knows? He might've used the "other man's child" thing to escape a
relationship that was making him increasingly more insecure as his wife's
talent & popularity became much more than his own.

Bob

NP: Tori, "Scarlet's Walk"