In a message dated 1/31/2003 12:26:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> He sends you a poem and she's lost to you

Good question, Mark...and it's funny, I'll have to go back and give it another listen,
because I've always HEARD:

"He sends you a poem and HE'S lost to you"

Which I interpreted as meaning that when Joni told him (Brad McMath) about Kelly, he
sent her (Joni) some piece of flaky poetry as a response, in effect telling her that
he was not going to take any parental responsibility, and therefore HE was lost to HER
(Joni), and also of course lost to Kelly as the father.

Either way, and any of the interpretations I've read work just fine.

Bob

NP: John Hall, "Calcutta"