Colin, I'm glad you pointed this out because I eat a lot of olive oil and I didn't realize it was as high as 14 per cent. But I know what you're saying about the carbs being the culprit is true. I also took to heart what you said about sweetener the other day, that the body can't distinguish and the addiction is prolonged. I am virtually addicted to sweetener - I put it on/in everything - so I've started cutting down and aim to stop it completely. I use one that doesn't have aspartame in it, but even so, I think you're right about the brain not being able to tell one kind of sweetness from another.

Sarah