Randy Remote wrote:

Vince,
I never knew that circumcision was so central to the
roots of Christianity. Kind of makes sense, though, patriarchy that it is.

I would argue that the earliest of the earliest church was not a patriarchy but...

The problem with quoting scripture
is that it is only convincing to those that accept the
Bible as absolute truth, which I do not.
Oh, Randy, when did I say otherwise?
I don't even accept the Bible as "absolute truth" myself.

The confession of faith of the Lutheran confessions, which I follow, is that the Scriptures are the norm for the faith and the life of the Church.

When I post using Scriptural citations, it is to explain the point of view of those of us who view the Scriptures as having authority for us.

Have I ever once attempted to "convert" anyone, or imply that Scriptural teachings apply to those who lie outside of the community of faith? I think not. Rather, I have spoken in solidarity with those outside the community when they have been assailed by religious zealots and those who would imply judgment on those outside the Judeo-Christian faith. I will also speak for those within a faith community who are assailed, key word, assailed, by those who reject faith as valid. I think I have a long record of standing with those who are outside the faith community since I have a lot more in common with them than with the religious zealots.
In other words I am on your side and only post on what Scriptures say so that you all might understand our mindset just as others explain what is the motivation for their opinions. The day I try to say that anything of faith is authoritative on those outside the community, please shoot me.

Vince