I don't get why Prototype is "fluffy"?  It seems harder for me to do
anything in prototype.
I actually feel like its the opposite.  jQuery is friendlier to designers
and Prototype is geared to hard core types.

And on subject of Plugins...
I don't know how "Tabs" is superfluous.  I use interface once in a blue
moon.  I use tabs almost every time.
For forms, Validation is almost REQUIRED (pun).
The history plugin has no alternative.

I just dont get the superfluous thing.

Its really interesting to me how these libraries are perceived so
differently by people with different needs.

Glen