prit wrote:
> But recently I noticed a website http://mootools.net/slickspeed/ which
> compares 3 frameworks including jQuery. I ran the tests on that site
> and noticed that they show jQuery as the slowest performer out of the
> 3 frameworks (Mootools, Prototype and jQuery).
>
> Does anybody have comments on this ?

jQuery isn't the fastest library (although it's getting faster all the
time). The things to bear in mind:

1. It's the smallest library = pages download faster so even if the JS
is a fraction of a second slower, you won't notice the difference

2. Code that uses jQuery is generally very concise = smaller pages =
faster downloads

3. In real-world use the effects of most normal JS is negligible
compared to the time it takes to download images, etc.