Hi Prit,

My pleasure. The SlickSpeed test has been a constant thorn because it appears that most developers that try it out do so in FireFox without realizing that browsers react differently and that in some cases, libraries are optimized for specific DOM traversal methods.

The goal of the jQuery team has been to provide good performance in all browsers and we're very comfortable with our stats in all browsers.

Rey...

prit wrote:
Rey,

I did notice the speed difference in IE. Its amazing to see how
mootools performs almost the same or even a little less faster than
jQuery. I never imagined that the speed would vary this much with the
browser.

Thanks for pointing this out. :) Again I am a newbie, trying out all
kinds of stuff (javascript libraries, plugins - i love jQuery, linux
versions, bsd versions :) ). Have never been a hardcore programmer
except on the mainframes.

Prit