Hey Hector,

What the *initial* release of our tests (which was the motivation for SlickSpeed) did was to motivate all of the JS projects to improve the selector speeds. If you notice, some libraries really shine in FireFox because the use XPath for DOM selection while others, like jQuery, are optimized for IE, the dominant browser out there.

For the immediate future, we're comfortable with the speed of the jQuery selector engine and prefer to focus on enhancing other areas of the project (eg: documentation & jQuery UI).

Rey...

Pops wrote:
Whoooooa! Rey, what a different between IE and FF.

I am not interested in the half-truths in any of this, but rather what
does the test show to improve jQuery, if anything?

--
HLS