Thanks for the nod Richard - it means a great deal to me that you like
it. Thanks for the suggestion for the text-mode fix for FF2, also.
I've moved to FF3 Mac and it seems my brain is keen to forget that
annoyance.

I've found an acceptable workaround to get the drop shadows working
for IE7 too, although it did mean adding a touch more JS code to
disable and renable them once the fade is complete (didn't need to do
this for height animations, etc, just ones involving opacity). It
seems that fading transparent 8-bit png files is fine unless they are
the background image of the exact div you are animating the opacity on
(the ul in this case). Will be uploading the patch soon.

Cheers
Joel Birch.