John Arrowwood wrote:
Silly thought:

What if the forums were 'published' to the mailing list, and the mailing list were made read-only? That is, every time a post is published on the forum, it is automatically sent to the mailing list. Then, in the footer of the message is a link to reply to the post, which when clicked takes you to the forum in such a way that the user can immediately reply to that post. The mailing list could be set up so that nobody except the forum 'bot' could post to it, which would make spam go away. People that have accessibility issues or just prefer to get their information via their email client could continue to read things that way. And you would have all of the benefits of the forum. Best of both worlds. Make everybody happy. I know it would make me happier.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Octavian Rasnita <orasn...@gmail.com <mailto:orasn...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    From: "MorningZ" <morni...@gmail.com <mailto:morni...@gmail.com>>
    Besides, as Richard pointed out, the mailing list right here will
    still exist, it just won't be moderated/managed by the people it was
    before......

    That would be good, because at least for a period there would still
    be an accessible source of information for JQuery.

    Octavian

--
John Arrowwood
John (at) Irie (dash) Inc (dot) com