To add to Richard's list

* Ability to post code without having Google Groups code f_ck it up*

I'm not sure why people are "voting" and all that, it's done, it's
decided, it's time to get with the program

Besides, as Richard pointed out, the mailing list right here will
still exist, it just won't be moderated/managed by the people it was
before......

and Karl put it best:  they can't please everyone.....   there's a LOT
of topics from over the past two years on this very mailing list
crying out for a forum instead of the mailing list.....

Damned if you do.... damned if you don't