Hello,

My name is Alan Herod. I've spent the past 6 months splitting my time
writing JS and Perl for a small company in Atlanta, GA. I discovered
that I really enjoy JavaScript about two years ago. It took me a
little while to transition from QA into a development role so I could
more fully immerse myself in the language. Now, I just need to figure
out how to shake off my Perl based tasks ;). I also spend a little
free time dabbling with the language as a hobby (e.g.
http://this-falderal.appspot.com/decemberists/tourbus) . I'd like to
"master" the language. If that is possible, I am still quite a number
of years from achieving that goal. I look forward to learning as much
as possible from the group. Thanks for the effort to set the group up
and building the community.

-Alan