On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Anatoly Geyfman <anat...@geyfman.net>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> My name is Anatoly Geyfman. I am a web architect at medical imaging startup
> in Phoenix, AZ, DiCOM Grid (http://www.dicomgrid.com <-- I had nothing to
> do with this website). I built our radiological web application and
> co-designed and developed the "grid" part of the application that actually
> makes those images available on the web. At my previous job I created a
> Human Resources portal that leveraged 7 disparate application back-ends
> under a consolidated UI with internationalization, localization and other
> "enterprise-y" features.
>
> I've been working with Javascript for about 10 years now - lately building
> frameworks for developers to consume internally. I very much enjoy
> javascript, but decry its lack of a methodMissing catch-all.
>
> On the server, I prefer JVM langs - groovy, java, scala.

Ahem...js is a JVM lang too :)

So I should probably introduce myself too. My name is Dean Landolt. I've
been doing javascript development for about five years, grudgingly at first,
until I started using server-side javascript and I finally learned to
separate the horror of the DOM from the otherwise sensible (err,
mostly) core of the language.

I work for a small company in Washington, DC called Datastream (not so small
anymore as we just got bought) and I get to play with server-side javascript
every day, which is great fun. I'm not a particularly good developer nor
particularly knowledgeable about the language -- especially compared to some
of the awesome devs on this list -- but I'll try to jump in where I can be
helpful.