On 2/3/11, Ryan Grove <r...@wonko.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> And I've filed well over a dozen bugs on YUI. I've submitted patches
>> and even forked YUI so that I could help with that (my Github username
>> is GarrettS) YUI bugs didn't get fixed. I've gone into more detail
>> about that on this very list.
>
> Which bugs have you filed? I'll happily review them if you feel they
> haven't gotten appropriate attention. I only see two tickets from you
> in the system, both enhancements. I could be searching for the wrong
> usernames, though.

I filed from 2007 when YUI was on Source Forge. I filed a lot of them
as "anon" for some reason. Here are a few YUI Test bugs that I have
record of:
http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/1889970
(dunno if it was fixed but IIRC it was open for a long time so I
patched my own copy).

http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/1922892
Patched that myself too.

NEver figured this one out:
http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/1923420
- but IIRC the issue was resolved in a later version of Opera. The
code I was testing would work normally, just not with synth events.

 `waitForCondition` was not implemented but instead marked "FUTURE"
and then WONTFIX. It's a pretty useful feature so I patched it into
the copy of YUI that I was using (not the one on GitHub) and I also
added it to my own unit testing framework.
http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/2528872

One of the first bugs I found in YUI Test, where I found that calling
"resume" twice, would cause errors. It was filed either late 2007 or
early 2008, using the sourceforge tracker (which they stopped using
over a year ago). Sure it was a dumb thing for me to do, more of a
user error and not mission critical to YUI Test. But anyway, here it
is:
<http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/1884010>

The logic for patching that was in a long method, buried in several
layers of try/catch and if/else.

And this:
<http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/1924108>
"hidden iframe causes focus() to throw errors"

> http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/2528514
> http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/2528872
>
> Your GitHub account contains a (very broken) fork of YUI 2 with only
> three commits: two are enhancements, and the third is apparently every
> other file in the entire source tree.

I only used YUI Test and I only recall testing and patching those
parts. I really don't know about the very broken parts of YUI.
--
Garrett