2011/2/3 Guillaume Andrieu <gh...@taleo-initiative.org>:
> What should I recommend to new employees in my company when they have to
> learn Javascript, who have to start coding with Javascript without having
> had any proper formation ?

Why do you have people that needs to start coding JavaScript without
formation? That's the root of a lot of web develoment problems. If
they doesn't known JavaScript fire them and hire someone who has
JavaScript skills, or teach them *before* they start coding production
code. If you want to teach JavaScript, don't use jQuery, use a good
JavaScript book.

In my opinion, any developer that needs a library for DOM traversal
(or any other feature) should not write production code. When they can
code almost everything using 'plain' JavaScript, then they can start
using libraries.

--
S.Cinos
JavaScript Developer at Tuenti.com