Stefan Steiniger wrote:

Hi,

> so we now need to figure out which mods have been the last.
> If the re-versal  has been applied to all the openjump core code-base we
> may have a look on the change-log file

we could also try to revert to the last revision before the merge, then redo the
merge (without breaking it again of course...).

> >It looks like all recent changes were overwritten during the branch merge.
> >
> >I'm amazed that this could happen, and I don't think the Eclipse
> >client can be blamed for all of the problems.  It should be just a GUI
> >front end to a command line client.  I do think there is a lesson here

The keywords here are "should be". The command line version does for example not
need "synchronizing" or updating after committing, yet the GUI client enforces
this (and still creates problems).

> >regarding our switch from CVS to SVN: don't fix something that isn't
> >broken.

Well, here we strongly disagree ;-) I for one am still happy that we switched
(but none of my changes had been overwritten, so...).

If you'd like, I can try to revert the changes made by the merge tomorrow.

Best regards, Andreas
--
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19           53177 Bonn, Germany