Kevin Oberman wrote:
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:19:41 -0400
From: Brendan Mannella <bmanne...@teraswitch.com>
Sender: juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully replaced a hard disk on a M7i RE-5.0. If so with what model disk, and once installed what is the procedure
to get the disk back to working/formatted condition.

No magic involved. Just replace it with a disk of the same or greater
capacity. Be sure it's one rated for continuous operation, not a
standard laptop drive. (This will make the drive a lot more expensive!)

Then just "request system snapshot partition" for format, partition, load
the drive.

I've played a little bit with an SRX5600 and I noticed that the RE has an SSD drive instead of an IDE or S-ATA one, so you might give it a try a 32 GB SSD that's rated for servers.