On 6/8/23 17:35, Giuliano C. Medalha wrote:

Hello good afternoon.

Please have a look at the following documentation:

https://community.juniper.net/blogs/reema-ray/2023/03/28/mx304-deepdive

Thanks, this is most useful!

It will have everything you need to do with it, including the pictures.

Our first boxes are arriving this next month in Brazil.

By the specs of the new chipset (TRIO6) it's a very good box. A lot of
enhancements.

Trio capacity aside, based on our experience with the MPC7E, MX204 and MX10003, we expect it to be fairly straight forward.

What is holding us back is the cost. The license for each 16-port line card is eye-watering. While I don't see anything comparable in ASR99xx Cisco-land (in terms of form factor and 100Gbps port density), those prices are certainly going to force Juniper customers to look at other options. They would do well to get that under control.

And it supports 400G already ( ZR and ZR+ need to check ) ( 16 x 100 or 4 x 400
) per LMIC.

The LMIC won't care whether it's ZR, ZR+, FR4 or DR4. It will be compatible with whatever pluggable is used, as long as it can do 400Gbps.

Unless, of course, you mean whether Juniper provide an interface into the optic for use-cases where you are plugging into a ROADM... that, I don't know.

Are you intending to use this router for long-distance applications?

Mark.