> Hello good afternoon.
>
> Please have a look at the following documentation:
>

> https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.juniper.net%2Fblogs%2Freema-ray%2F2023%2F03%2F28%2Fmx304-deepdive&data=05%7C01%7Cgiuliano%40wztech.com.br%7Cc7b64b057b6b488bff0d08db683a0b28%7C584787b077bd4312bf8815412b8ae504%7C1%7C0%7C638218370748741098%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=fhF2D3TSWDQljPw0jepN5ZsB%2FdOSUq4zIx%2F9w1TkkhE%3D&reserved=0<https://community.juniper.net/blogs/reema-ray/2023/03/28/mx304-deepdive>

Thanks, this is most useful!

> It will have everything you need to do with it, including the pictures.
>
> Our first boxes are arriving this next month in Brazil.
>
> By the specs of the new chipset (TRIO6) it's a very good box. A lot of
> enhancements.

Trio capacity aside, based on our experience with the MPC7E, MX204 and
MX10003, we expect it to be fairly straight forward.

What is holding us back is the cost. The license for each 16-port line
card is eye-watering. While I don't see anything comparable in ASR99xx
Cisco-land (in terms of form factor and 100Gbps port density), those
prices are certainly going to force Juniper customers to look at other
options. They would do well to get that under control.

but you have the flex model. With license for capacity and features.  Advanced
and Premium.

fib is better now - 12M

sampling rate for ipfix is better too.

but you have other parameters for mpls and bng too

> And it supports 400G already ( ZR and ZR+ need to check ) ( 16 x 100 or 4 x
> 400 ) per LMIC.

The LMIC won't care whether it's ZR, ZR+, FR4 or DR4. It will be compatible
with whatever pluggable is used, as long as it can do 400Gbps.

But you need the correct drivers on Junos

And the chassis must support temperature and power budgets

Juniper now has good prices ( common optics ) for 400G ( JCO part numbers )

Unless, of course, you mean whether Juniper provide an interface into
the optic for use-cases where you are plugging into a ROADM... that, I
don't know.

Are you intending to use this router for long-distance applications?

Low 40 km or maximum 80 km direct with ZR high power ( end of the year )

Thanks

Mark.

WZTECH is registered trademark of WZTECH NETWORKS.
Copyright (c) 2023 WZTECH NETWORKS. All Rights Reserved.

IMPORTANTE:
As informa??es deste e-mail e o conte?do dos eventuais documentos anexos s?o
confidenciais e para conhecimento exclusivo do destinat?rio. Se o leitor desta
mensagem n?o for o seu destinat?rio, fica desde j? notificado de que n?o poder?
divulgar, distribuir ou, sob qualquer forma, dar conhecimento a terceiros das
informa??es e do conte?do dos documentos anexos. Neste caso, favor comunicar
imediatamente o remetente, respondendo este e-mail ou telefonando ao mesmo, e
em seguida apague-o.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information transmitted in this email message and any attachments are
solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the material from any computer, including any copies.