Hi all,

And Happy New Year...

Haven't received any comments on the use of Vaadin for the Kalumet console
refactor, but I've got to go back to work next week (:oP) so took a chance
and spent some remaining holiday time working through some of the more
detailed concepts I wasn't clear on.

I'm still fairly impressed with Vaadin.  Simple enough from a coding
perspective once you get your head wrapped around the concepts, although
some time will need to be spent working through presentation via
stylesheets.

I have uploaded a new WAR (sorry, ended up with same Name/version) that you
should be able to download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/afza9cqm6e9ifzp/kalumet-console2-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war?dl=0

It's not a lot different from a user perspective, but I spent a lot of time
under the bonnet to define an architecture around navigation, views, etc..
I also restructured the project to fit in with the Kalumet project rather
than standalone.

Again, the big issue is whether Vaadin is suitable for an Apache project...
I'm not as familiar with ASF requirements so I may have overlooked some
issues.  For example, while Vaadin is an Apache license, it uses other
components like SASS and FontAwesome, which use the MIT license.  Is that
an issue?

Happy to chase down more detail with some guidance...

cheers -- Randall