Thanks Oliver,

Exacty the feedback I was looking for.

I also prefer simple, but I wasn't quite sure what direction the project
wanted to take so I simply decided to follow the echo-style
framework approach.  Hence my recommendation to use Vaadin.

But hey... I'm not wedded to Vaadin in any way, so I'm more than happy to
use a totally diferent approach.

How about I resurrect the JS webapp stuff I worked on and make an
alternative proposal more in line with what you suggested?  I promise I'll
be just as motivated  :o)

cheers -- Randall