Thank you for your reply,

> Qt was  compiled against libpng1.4 (current) but your system ships 1.2
> (dated)
> Where and how did you get Qt binaries & what versions of libpng are on
> your system and which does ligQtGui link?

If I compile through qtCreator the libpng issue is not existant since it is
based qt 4.7.1 and presumably build using the latest libpng.

So the problem would be with the already out of date KDE/qt libs that came
preinstalled with opensuse 11.3? When I build through the cmake chain those
binaries are called instead of the qt 4.7.1 which I installed separately.

> You could simply preload the 1.4 version (iff present) or symlink the
> linked variant to 1.4 - but the latter will likely cause breaks in other
> binaries on your system.

That's also my concern but what's the easiest way to fix this? Not that it is
a show stopper for now as I can still compile through qtCreator and get a
fully working app. Although there will be a time when I transition to full KDE
and that will not be an option at that point.

> That's interesting but not a problem at all ;-)
> (Ie, /what/ is the problem - how did you try, did you get any response and
> if, why was it denied?)

I talked to Extra Gear which suggested that I contact KDE admin. I submitted a
brief summary of the application and a link to the project homepage. I
explained where things were and the fact that further feedback/assistance will
be needed to finalize the transition. I asked for the possibility to get a KDE
account and the move the project to playground where additional
exposure/critique/suggestions might be gathered.

I also submited a link to my gitorious account where the source
will be mirrored
https://gitorious.org/lgck-builder/lgck_source/trees/master

I Imagine that my request has not satisfied all the requirements and was
subsequently denied. However, in spite of a follow up and I never got an
actual reply explaining on what ground. That sort of make it difficult to move
forward.

Regards,
Frank B.