So, which parts of the article are no longer true, are misleading, or
are outright lies?

I think one problem is that a Win2K AD server can interoperate fine
with other Kerberos implementations as long as AD gets to be the
KDC.   If you try to configure a network with a non-AD server
as the KDC (use a stock MIT KDC, for example), the Microsoft
system can be forced to use it, but by doing so you can no longer
participate in the domain or get MS privileges from the tickets
generated by the non-MS KDC, effectively making your expensive
Win2K server alot less useful.  Not being able to actually write
software to generate the PAC field from a non-MS server is the
root of this problem.  If you were truly to open up your implementation
and share the information with the Kerberos community in an open
manner (i.e. unencumbered by a license) this problem would quickly
disappear.

The short answer it, if you want a Kerberized network with a mixture
of Microsoft and non-Microsoft software, you better let MS be the
KDC or else you forefeit alot of the nice MS features.  Its a
backhanded way of forcing people to choose your tools.

-Wyllys