patrick escreveu:

> what do you think about the idea of accessing the repo within kicad?

I believe that it would be limiting. I explain: as it is an open
project, every time the repo access is improved, kicad will need to be
changed, which is not good.

This can be avoided it it is done by a plugin :)
------

I have been following this thread, an I have one idea (FWIW): there
should me an "entity" recognizeable by kicad, probably exportable in XML
format that should contain:

payload: one and only one component or module either for eeschem or pcbnew
information: name, tags, description, *images* (maybe more than one for
3D), author, etc..

And Kicad should be able to recongnize, import and export such "entities" .

My idea is based in that this can make it possible to make a usefull
repository of all this, possibly even in "Google apps engine" :)

Oh! and it is very important to clearly specify the Licence (something
like MPL) right from the begining, or it may become a problem...

Alain