At 11:12 AM 4/27/2013, you wrote:
>I guess the question is: when built to plans, do those brackets
>allow any movement up and down.

I seem to recall that being my concern and is why I went with a
heavier stock.  The brackets called for in the plans are lightweight
flat stock bent to a 90 degree radius.  I don't know if that would be
a problem or not but I didn't like the way it flexed on my
KR.  Rather than rebuild the brackets there may be a way to eliminate
the movement with some kind of a brace between the two,  a piece of
round stock for instance with a through bolt or a couple of Z
braces.  On the other hand, other builders / flyers may say it is not
a problem and just go with it.  While you're in that area, insure you
are getting differential aileron, ( the up travel is 2X the down
travel).  That makes for coordinated turns with your feet on the
floor.  REALLY NICE !!!!!

Larry Flesner