All of my spars have been finished and closed since 1986 when I had to
put this project on hold due to lack of space and time.
I wasn't aware that a pre-closing inspection was required for the spars.
I just followed the builder's manual and varnished each cavity (not the
glued surfaces!) and closed them up. They have been plastic wrapped for
the past 18 years and still look fine and fit the fuselage cut-outs
perfectly (and yield a perfect 3.5* incidence).
It looks like I can't go too far wrong if I follow the manual and use
3.5* washing out to .5* at the tips.
Thanks for the input.
See you all at Mount Vernon.
Bernie McLean