Duncan <k...@chalksoft.com> wrote:

Question:
If I'm going to be building this bird from scratch, I'll be incorporating
some of the 'standard' mods (longer fusalage, laminated & bent spars, new
airfoil). Mark Langford's website offers the following comment regarding
lengthening the fusalage:
"I wouldn't have stretched the stabilizer at all had I possessed the
foresight to extend my fuselage length another 14 inches(using the full 14'
of longeron material that Wicks ships) by simply adding one more bay behind
the aft spar for an increased moment arm." So I guess the question
is: When ordering my wood from Wicks/AcSpruce, how long should I ask for
the longerons to be? Longer than the 14' standard length shipped by Wicks
- they will make them longer if required? How long is optimal - if one has
the freedom to choose?

Question:
If I order longer longerons, will I also need to order extra plywood? My
plans haven't arrived yet, and as you can hear, I need a little bit of help
to get started...

Regards,
Duncan

Hi Duncan, I got my 5/8 spruce from A.S/S and it comes in 14 foot long
sections...18 of them. That's plenty for lengthening the fuselage.

I'm ordering the rest of the spruce today as a matter of fact. You will have
the most fun in your life putting this stuff together. It has been so telling
about myself with regards this process. I have tried to make each piece as
precisely as possible and there is great fun in that. More than I would have
thought.