Hello Net
For one long half hour, I took the KR into the air above PTK.  At first to 2600
MSL then to 3600 MSL.  I moved one more sensor today and made the other changes
I discussed yesterday.  I placed the #3 sensor on the second plug.  The plug
that is almost exactly in the location of the stock factory CHT location.  I
made my take off with the waste gate open and the fuel pump on.  By 400 AGL the
#3 was reading 450 and the #4 was reading 250 (remember that the #4 sender is
now located on the #3 cylinder head bolt.  By 2600 my #3 was 550 and the #4 was
375.  the oil temp went red.  I leveled off and stayed there to see if the
numbers improved.  The CHT started to come down as I lowered the nose and oil
temp took it's dear sweet time.  Eventually the CHT leveled off at 325 at all
positions and the oil temp came down to 190.  I climbed to 3500 using a little
boost and part throttle.  The CHT on #3 plug climbed to 450 and the others
stayed the same including the oil.  At this point I know that I can climb
slowly.  I plan to continue to look for ways to cool things off while I build
some time on the new engine.
Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR celebrating 20 years