I plan to continue to look for ways to cool things off while I build some
time on the new engine.

Orma,

I realize your new engine is considerably larger than what you originally had
in the KR.  I know it will create more heat due to being of higher
horsepower.  You may have to enlarge the air inlets and exit areas (which you
may have
already done) to get sufficient cooling.  Did you lower the compression ratio
on this engine?  Also the ignition timing may need to be retarded a few
degrees.  What kind of gas are you running? (avgas may run cooler than car gas)
 Hope
you get things worked out, just be careful.  Hope to see you at the gathering!

Best Wishes

Riley Collins
Rutledge, TN