I used 3 bathroom scales BUT I calibrated them.
I got 6 plastic drums of water each weighing 20kg (verified on certified scales)
I then stacked these on the scales taking readings as I add each drum.
(found that the scales were very in accurate over 80kg, in fact one set of
scales was reading 98kg with 120 kg on it)
With these readings I was able to determine a calibration calculation for each
scale to apply to the readings when actually weighing my KR2.
I then weighed my KR2 using all 3 scales at each point and averaging the
calibrated values which were within 2% from min to max.
This was very acurate as after I had a few hours on it I then flew to Mareeba
and had it weighed on certified aircraft scales by a qualified person.
The results were less than 1% from my bathroom scales excersize.

Tips:
-------
When weighing on bathroom scales ensure that you have a solid board that covers
the whole of the top surface to ensure the load is distributed evenly.
(Weigh the board and take off from readings AFTER applying the calibration
calculations)
Ensure the wheel is centered on the board/scales.
Ensure the ground is level and even, no lumps or dirt under the scales.
Do not roll the aircraft on to the scales, pickup each wheel (I used the leg)
and place it gently on the scales.
Do not change the weight of the aircraft while on the scales as this spreads
the gear and puts side loading on the scales and causes them to be inaccurate.

Hope this helps

Regards
Barry Kruyssen
Cairns, Australia