At 09:09 PM 10/31/2005, you wrote:
>Jerry and I have a dilemma.  Our WB gave us very conflicting results with
>each scenario that we performed.  It had Jerry weighing 35 pounds and me
>weighing 37 pounds different from the empty weight.
>
>You guys, WHO HAVE DONE THIS, what did you use to weigh your planes?  We are
>using 2 bathroom scales with a board over them under each wheel and one
>under the tail.  The tail weights are consistant and are reasonable, but the
>other ones are all over the place.

One thing that I have not seen in any of the other replies is that
there must not be any side load on the wheels when you weight
it.  You have to roll the plane back and forth a few inches several
times when it is on the scales.  If you pick up a wing and then just
set it on the scale there will be a friction side load applied to the
scales that will not be measured as a weight.

Don Reid  -  donreid "at" peoplepc.com
Bumpass, Va

Visit my web sites at:

AeroFoil, a 2-D Airfoil Design And Analysis Computer Program:
http://aerofoilengineering.com

KR2XL construction: http://aerofoilengineering.com/KR/KR2XL.htm
Aviation Surplus: http://aerofoilengineering.com/PartsListing/Airparts.htm
EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org