Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com
Visit my NEW
KR-2S CorvAIRCRAFT web site at www.flykr2s.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "D F Lively" <riksh...@interl.net>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: KR> corvair engine

> Coda:
>
> Check with Great Plains Aircraft in Omaho NE I think they cand build one
if you can not locate one.  They have a Web-Site and I know they sell a
selection of motor mounts for KRs, I think even one for a Corvair.

> Don Lively
> Burlington IA 52601
>

> Coda Riley wrote:
>
> > I have a KR-2 with tri gear,,no engine,,,was thinking about engine
option's.  Just happen's I have a corvair with engine still in the car in my
pasture.  Hasn't been started in 10 year's, but I tied a chain to it,,have
my wife pull me behind the truck,,and I popped the clutch,,it started
turning over,,and I watched as the oil pressure gauge kicked right up to 40
psi.  I have not tried to start it,,and am in fact pulling it as we speak.
I am wondering what kind of motor mount I'd need to mount the corvair engine
on the KR,,and what I'm needing to do to get the weight and balance right.
It's not a stretch,,,it's the standard KR-2.  This has probably been covered
in archives,,,so if someone is willing to lead me in the right direction,
i'd be thankful of the help.  Also,,anyone tell me how to recertify this
bird,,,it' was flying in the 90's,,but was sold and decertified by the
owner.  Thank's for any info I can get.