Hi Mike
Over here we have been using the dry micro method over the layup for the
construction of all Whisper motorglider wings, stabilizers and rudders. The
surface is covered in a light "sacrificial layer of glass to cover any gaps
in the weave of the heavier biaxial structural layer underneath. we then
pour on a generous amount of dry micro and lightly massage it into the weave
of the top layer. This goes a long way to eliminating pinholes and after
sanding the wing down with a "longboard" untill roughly halfway through the
sacrificial layer an 8m long wing can be faired to final coat stage with
less than 1kg of resin/micro mix.
Regards
Dene Collett
Avlec Projects cc