Here is more than you ever wanted to know.  BTW, I use Texaco #15 (5606H
equivalent)  that is at least 30 yrs old in the KR and my Cessna.

See #4 below.  If it meets that STD then its fine according to the military.

Current spec is MIL-PRF5606H

3.5.4 Storage stability
The fully blended product shall show no separation of ingredients or evidence
of crystallization. The fully blended product shall be clear and transparent
when examined visually, and shall conform to the requirements of section 3
after 12 months of storage as specified in 4.4.3

4.4.3 Table 5.  Storage stability test

Use FED-STD-791 Test Method 3465

1.Store the sample for one year in the storage chamber 24° " 3°C (75° " 5°F)
2. At the end of the 12-month period, remove the jar from the chamber, being
careful not to shake or agitate the contents.
3.Visually examine the sample, and note the presence of cloudiness, sediment,
suspended matter, discoloration, or other changes in homogeneity.
4. Report the presence of cloudiness, sediment, suspended matter,
discoloration, or other changes in homogeneity.

6.1.1 Storage conditions
Prior to use in the intended equipment, the product may be stored under
conditions of covered or uncovered storage in geographic areas that range in
temperatures from -57°C to +49°C.

Craig
N886MJ