We had to replace a 10 - 15 year old dishwasher three or four years ago, and at the advice of a friend, bought a Kitchen-Aid, which was also highly rated by Consumer Reports. It claimed to be energy-star, and to be ultra-quiet. It actually cleans dishes better than any dishwasher I've ever used. However, I can't really trust the energy-star rating, since this thing seems to run for over an hour... maybe even closer to two! And, the longer we've owned it, the more we hear the noise. Evidently, the insulation is degrading. Still, we have not had (knock on wood!) any mechanical failures with it, and are pleased... especially with how spotless the dishes are. (And I now use those "all in one" capsules made by Cascade).

Clay