Agnes Boddington wrote:
I have a perfect dishwasher, and have had it for 31 years.
He always does the pots after breakfast, but still does not quite understand where everything goes after that.
Perhaps I should try labels on the cupboards and drawers?
[snip]
Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

Where did you find it for sale?
Maybe there is a more advanced model available now!
Mine has the same fault - I wonder if there's a 'patch' you can instal to improve the program?

Our mechanical dishwasher is about five years old. We bought it when our old one finally became unrepairable: we'd had it for at least twenty-five years, and - at that - had bought it second-hand. As it had been so reliable, we bought our new one from the same manufacturer, Bosch. Unfortunately I can't tell you the model name, because it doesn't say anything but Bosch on the machine, and I've no idea what's happened to the handbook; but we selected it as being the most 'green' machine we could find, low energy use, low water requirement, all that stuff. It does a perfect wash of a full load in about twenty minutes and is very quiet.

In the last few years we've had to replace a number of domestic items, mostly bought secondhand when we were just married. We've found that German-made household goods are the best value for money. I notice that we happen to have bought - after talking to friends and researching consumer reports - a Miele washer-dryer and vacuum cleaner, and a Krupps kettle, all of which are excellent. US-made goods don't seem to appear much in our English shops, so I suspect they are not very popular with the customers, (they have a poor reputation here); or maybe it's just something to do with having a different electrical supply, or something like that.

Good luck with your search,
Linda Walton, (on an unseasonably warm, damp morning in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.).