Hello Weronika -

The plastic film we use can come from several sources.  There is a "blue
film" which has a matte (dull) finish which makes the lace more visible
against the pricking.  It may be obtained from most of our lace vendors.
Others, like Tamara, for example, prefer to use contact paper.  She was
lucky enough to find a good supply of it in grey transparent, and has used
it for years, but if I remember correctly, her supply is nearly exhausted
and she hasn't seen it anywhere for a long time. I have had some luck
finding clear plastic in every store in town at the end of the summer when
"back-to-school" supplies take over the "seasonal" aisles.  This is sold as
a protective cover for books.

I've tried all of the various options, and I'll tell you that personally I
prefer the "blue film", because it doesn't deposit a gummy residue on the
pins (some alternatives do, but not all...) and it is somewhat
"self-healing", meaning that after a pin is removed, the plastic somewhat
covers the hole, so that if you're doing repeats, the hole doesn't keep
getting bigger and bigger.  And I tend to work projects that have repeats,
or at least take some time (months...) to complete, so I don't find that I
use a lot of the film.  If you do lots of quick projects, and only use each
pricking once, you may be better off with a less expensive alternative,
such as the clear contact paper or self-adhesive book covers.

Clay