This brings to mind the solution suggested when this subject was last on
the list (two years ago, maybe?)  There are little devices sold in craft
shops which laminate anything you want (within reason, of course!), and
while the cost might seem steep at first glance, if you use it strictly for
making your prickings and can keep the kids away from it, it really isn't
so bad... especially if you can get it using a discount coupon (our
Michael's is always sending out 40% off coupons, and that's how I got my
little one).  My bigger one was a "find" at a yard sale, and I couldn't
resist.  When this subject was last explored on the list, there were a lot
of lacemakers who swore by this method of "making a sandwich".

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]