Gentle Spiders,

This is a question for those of you who have made things like Bobbin Lace scarves and belts/sashes. Since the thread/yarn for those is likely to be thicker than usual, did you use bobbins that are larger than "normal", or did you just re-fill your everyday bobbins more frequently? And, if you used larger bobbins, where did you get them? Or did you just improvise and make them yourselves?

The deeper I delve into the 16thc plaited laces, the more in love I am with them and I'm (almost <g>) ready to try and make something other/bigger than just a bookmark/sample, which is what I'll be doing for pattern publication. But there's no way I can wind enough of thick thread to make something that's a yard or more in length, onto my "everyday" bobbins...
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/