Tamara,

You could make 'large' bobbins with dowel and beads.  Just scale up the bead
and thread section of the bobbins.  I made some a few years back that turned
out to be too large for most threads but would work for yarns etc.  Maybe I
should dig them out and try a scarf.

Lorri Ferguson
  This is a question for those of you who have made things like Bobbin
  Lace scarves and belts/sashes. Since the thread/yarn for those is
  likely to be thicker than usual, did you use bobbins that are larger
  than "normal", or did you just re-fill your everyday bobbins more
  frequently? And, if you used larger bobbins, where did you get them? Or
  did you just improvise and make them yourselves?