Speaking as a lefty, if you wind your bobbins the "wrong way", you need to be sure to also do your hitches the "wrong way". Then all works just as well as if you had done everything the right way. <G>
Lisa in Arizona
I still haven't got round to analyzing my hitch yet. However, I do know from various students I've had, that if you'[ve wound your bobbins the wrong way, the hitch will not hold at all. Now, I'm only assuming that I wind my bobbins the same way as everyone else, but to check, if I point the head of the bobbin towards me then the thread goes round clockwise.
I'll try and get onto my hitch tomorrow

David in Ballarat